Want to find out more about our wasp removal services in Singapore?
Then call us and we can set up an appointment for an inspection.
Wasp Control Services from Killem
Wasps can deliver a venomous sting, which can cause hypersensitive and allergic reactions
Here’s what you can do about Wasp problems:
Signs and Symptoms of Wasp Infestation Problems
- Some species of wasp build nests by chewing wood. If your home has a wasp problem, you may notice holes or tunnels appearing in wooden surfaces on the outside of your home. If you see signs of chewed wood then this could also be an indication of ants or termite problems so it’s best contact a pest control company to determine the precise cause of your wood damage.
- One of the top signs that you have a wasp problem is when nests become visible on your property. Depending on the species of wasp, nests may be constructed from chewed wood or mud particles.
- Wasps will naturally defend their nesting area so always call in a professional exterminator to help you deal with the issue.
How we can get rid of Wasps for you
Using Wasp Traps
There are two basic wasp traps, lure traps and bait traps. Lure traps use a chemical compound to attract wasps, and bait traps use attractive foods, like pieces of meat and sugary liquids such as soda or other sweet drinks, to attract wasps to the traps.
Wasp traps will need to be strategically placed to intercept foraging wasps between their nest sites and the area to be protected (picnic site, playground, patio, etc.).
Traps are only useful if there are little or no competing foods to attract wasps. For example, dumpsters, trashcans, fallen fruit on the ground, etc. attract the majority of wasps and make traps only marginally effective.
Sometimes making changes to the light conditions in a particular area where wasps are located can help to remove them.
We can use insecticide dusts and aerosol spray treatments to get rid of wasps.
Wasp aerosols have oily bases, so great care should be taken when using them not to stain a surface. Spraying into wasp nests should always be done at night. Wasps are far less aggressive and are all at home.
nsecticide dusts will deter wasps or hornets from returning the following season and kill emerging wasps. It will continue to kill for 6 months or more in areas where the dust is protected.
We recommend using a pest control professional if you need to remove a wasps nest. A Killem professional will use personal protective and respiratory equipment protective to protect from wasp stings.
Our pest technicians are trained to work in small spaces which allows them to successfully remove a wasps nest safely from a property.
Our wasp exterminators have access to a variety of pest control products not available to the public.
- Keep windows and doors shut to prevent wasps entering inside your home keep windows and doors shut, especially when you are not in.
- Don't leave sugar out as wasps like to consume sugar to help increase their lifespan so make sure you do not leave sugary substances lying around.
- Seal up loose areas on the exterior of your home can entice wasps into making a nest, so make sure you seal these places properly to prevent a wasp infestation from making its way into your home.