Want to find out more about our bee and hornet control services in Singapore?
Then call us on our local number at 6896 6607 and we can quickly set up an appointment for an inspection.
Bee and Hornet Control Services from Killem
A beehive or hornets nest near your home can be troublesome and dangerous, if left on its own.
Here’s what you can do about bee and hornet problems:
Signs and Symptoms of Bee Infestation Problems
- Some bees nest in the ground, they build shallow and simple holes in the soil.
- Some bees use a single type of branch, while others expand their nests by creating underground mazes using a variety of branches.
- Leafcutter bee nests for example are comprised of a line of several cells, which contain dozens of leaves and twigs.
It is important to properly identify the particular bee and hornet species living near your home, as they can sometimes be mistaken for wasps.
Please see more details on our wasp removal services if you are having trouble with wasps.
There are different elimination processes for hornets and bees, so using the right treatment method depends on identifying the correct species.
Also note that in some regions, special licenses are sometimes required to treat bee infestations.
How we can get rid of Bees and Hornets for you
How to get rid of bees:
Relocate the bee colony
However places such as bushes, trees and sheds may require relocation of the nest
Our ant control solutions are designed for both commercial and domestic customers, no matter what the extent of the infestation
If you a have situation where a nest or hive requires extermination it will depend on whether you can close the entrance to the nest or hive. A trained Killem professional should be used to assess this whether this is possible and whether bee extermination is the best option. We will also know what insecticides are best to use, which are for commercial use only.
Blocking Entry Points
For honey bees, it is essential that entrance points are blocked off, and if possible remove all the honeycomb. Failure to do this will cause robber bees to find the infected honey and take it back to their hive and contaminate it again.
For solitary/masonry bees, in the long term, re-pointing with sound mortar is the only real option and requires a thorough job, as bees hunting for a nest site will soon locate areas that have been missed.
- Check for nests in sheds, garages, and in cavity walls.
- Ensure all your outside bins have good tight fitted lids. Ensure you keep bins away from doors and windows so bees are not attracted to the contents.
- To prevent bees entering inside your home.
- This can prevent bees and hornets from nesting in your yard. Under used appliances or lawn equipment found in gardens and yards can attract honey bees since they provide sufficient shelter for a hive to develop.
- Blocking access points will prevent bees from entering and getting contaminated, as well as reducing the likelihood of other bees accessing the same area in the future.
Bee Removal in Your Home
A bee swarm should be avoided and any bee pest control problem handled by a professional.
The only way to rid your home of bees is to ensure the hive is removed entirely. This process requires the correct equipment and knowledge so we recommend that for safety and efficiency purposes, a pest control expert should be consulted before any bee control technique is attempted.
Bee Removal on your Business
We can provide professional bee and hornet extermination services for your business whether you need a survey at a construction site, a plantation or a manufacturing site such as a factory.
We can provide:
- On-site inspections
- Recommend future bee and hornet pest control techniques
- The latest equipment and chemicals to remove your businesses bee problem