Call us to enquire about our cockroach removal services
Want to find out more about our cockroach removal services in Singapore? Then call us on 6896 6607 and we can quickly set up an appointment for an inspection.
Cockroach Control Services from Killem
Commonly found lurking in kitchens, alleys, drains and chutes. These insects can be hard to get rid of.
Here’s what you can do about cockroach problems:
Signs and Symptoms of Cockroach Infestation Problems
- Cockroaches can produce a large amount of droppings. They can eat numerous items from plants, human food, dead skin cells and also waste so this means they can regularly leave droppings due to a high metabolism.
- Finding Cockroach Egg Cases. Infestations continue to grow because Cockroaches breed aggressively which mean infestations can grow quickly. This may help you to identify the problem quickly but may also mean that professional removal is required due to the size of the problem you may be faced with.
- Cockroaches can produce a musty, pungent odour that increases the longer the infestation occurs for. This smell can come from large numbers of roaches or even just one cockroach in the case of species such as the German roach.
- Finding Smear Marks where water is prominent, brown coloured smear marks may appear on surfaces and walls near to the floor.
- Finding evidence of moulted skin. Brownish skins can be found near to where they cockroaches are breeding as young roaches shed their skin about 5-8 times when they mature to adulthood.
- Signs of Damage to Household and Business Items. Look for signs of damage to food packaging and other organic goods such as books and leather.
How we can get rid of Cockroaches for you:
Using Glue Strips
Large infestations can be located using glue strips. A decision needs to be taken on the most strategic areas to place strips and those areas need to be monitored for a few days to a week.
Using Caulk Gaps
Setting caulk traps can be effective in reducing existing cockroach populations but this will not eradicate roaches on the outside trying to get in.
Using Gel Bait
Gel bait can be an effective cockroach killer. It comes in a tube and can be applied under baseboards, in cracks and crevices, and near areas that are most likely to attract roaches.
Using “bait stations” are a popular method to get rid of cockroaches. These work by attracting roaches to feed on the poison. A poisoned cockroach will then travel back to its nest location and it dies and is eaten by the other cockroaches, which passes on the poison further.
Setting Cockroach Traps
Cockroaches are nocturnal species and are rarely seen during the day therefore an infestation can be hard to identify. Confirming the presence of cockroaches can be done via the use of cockroach traps. Cockroach traps can only kill individual insects and cannot remove or control entire infestations.
Foggers release a mist of pesticide into the air. These chemicals in the mist are able to kill pests such as cockroaches, but do not always get into crevices where roaches can hide. Cockroaches have shown resistance to the chemicals in foggers and may not be killed from the exposure. Fogging products must be used with extreme caution as they can damage furniture and fabrics if not used correctly.
Using Cyper WP
Cyper WP kills on contact and any cockroach that makes contact with it will die in a matter of seconds. Cyper WP can be mixed with water and sprayed in appropriate locations using spraying tools.
Using Boric acid
Lightly dusting boric acid powder using a special dusting tool is very effective. This powder will cling to the cockroaches legs from contact and causes the destruction of their exoskeleton.
- Keep the trash can closed, clean, and emptied regularly.
- Clean on top and beneath the refrigerator as this is where insects can be attracted to.
- Do not leave dirty dishes and utensils in the sink.
- Clean surfaces to remove any food residue.
- Seal up cracks and holes inside your pantry, between the countertop and the wall, and in the baseboards.
- Seal your home by keeping door and window screens in good repair.
- Screen or seal drain lines and sewer vents that lead to your home.
- Fix any water leaks as cockroaches can be attracted to moisture and water from leaks in pipes. Some cockroaches can survive for months without food, but they will only survive days without water. Areas like the sink, behind the toilet and near the tub should be regularly inspected for leaks and condensation.
- Keep your space as cool as possible, whilst you cannot control the weather, keeping your home or business premises as cool as possible will at least confine cockroaches to the ground.