Call us to enquire about our Ant control services
Want to find out more about our ant control services in Singapore? Then call us on 6896 6607 and we can quickly set up an appointment for an inspection.
Ant Control Services from Killem
Often seen among the most prevalent pests ants can invade any buildings for food and water.
Here’s what you can do about ant problems:
Signs and Symptoms of Ant Infestation Problems
- If you find a large number of live ants in the kitchen area or where food is often prepared then you may find this is a sign of a larger ant infestation, so we recommend taking action quickly and enlisting the help of an expert.
- Ant pathways coming in and out of your premises or home are another telltale sign of a potential ant problem. Some ant species are known to lay down a pheromone trail to a food source and this trail leads other ants from the colony to the food source.
- Signs of an Ants Nest can look like a small pile of dirt or soil or sometimes certain species of ants will make their nest in walls or other quieter, dark places that are more difficult to spot.
Finding the most suitable and effective treatment for ants can depend on the specific type you have on your premises or in your house.
Each species can have different behaviours and preferences in food, so we will be help you select the best method of treatment required that will ensure they are removed and more importantly do not become a pest problem in the future.
How we can get rid of Ants for you
All our staff are are licensed and certified with the National Environment Agency (NEA) and our service technicians understand the habits of different types of ants and will provide the correct type of treatment as is necessary.
Our ant control solutions are designed for both commercial and domestic customers, no matter what the extent of the infestation
Targeting the Queen Ant
All ants are led by a Queen of twice the size of a regular worker ant.
The Queen ant is usually located deep in the complex system of the anthill to prevent the Queen from coming into harm.
To eradicate the entire ant colony we use treatments that the worker ants bring to the Queen, which then poison the Queen leader.
Without the Queen ant, the colony perishes and the ant infestation problem is removed.
Required Treatments and Chemicals
Over-the-counter insecticides often only provide temporary treatment solution for ant problems.
Sealing the entry points of an ant hole will not always solve the problem as ants may find other routes to gain entry into your home or even make new tunnels in replacement for the closed paths.
Some ant poisons may not be very effective as the ants may return after the poison runs out.
Hiring an ant control service may be the best option to get rid of these ants permanently.
- Close gaps around walls, doors and windows.
- Make a tape barrier. Line your kitchen with adhesive tape, sticky-side up
- Don't leave food out. Ants are attracted to food so ensure you clean the premises or house regularly and keep food stored in places where ants will find it harder to reach.
- Ant Dust can be used indoors and outdoors to prevent ant trails. The ant dust should be applied to places where ants could enter the home or premises, including doorframes, window sills, and gaps around electrical and water services.