Call us to enquire about our Termite control services
Want to find out more about our termite control services in Singapore? Then call us on 6896 6607 and we can quickly set up an appointment for an inspection.
Termite Control Services from Killem
Termites are found mostly in subtropical and tropical places like Singapore.
Our experience in termite pest control has made us aware that termite infestations can have grave consequences economically, as they can cause serious structural damage to buildings, crops or plantations.
Termites measure only a few millimetres in length, yet their mouths are capable of tearing pieces of wood material. As termites mostly feed on dead plant material, internally, house foundations, furniture, shelves and even books are possible feeding sites for termites.
Here’s what you can do about Termite problems:
Signs and Symptoms of Termite Infestation Problems
- You have insects in and around the house in particular near light sources after rainfall.
- There is frass or termite droppings which look like sawdust at doors or window sills.
- Nests form on trees, these are the nests of termites which may gouge on timber.
- Remnants of wings are detected on the ground.
- When there is wood that is damaged and in some serious cases the wood structure will break apart.
- There are mud paths from the ground to the wood as termites build mud tunnels to shield themselves from discovery as they move from their underground colony into your house.
How we can get rid of Termites for you
In Singapore, all construction sites have soil treatment done for the protection of buildings against subterranean termites.
During soil treatment, chemicals are applied to the soil. Treatment includes the entire ground floor slab prior to the laying of the concrete floor slab and the area under the apron before the apron is laid.
There are various ways of dealing with a subterranean termite infestation for existing buildings, depending on the severity of the termite attack:Corrective Soil Treatment
To prevent entry of termites, holes are drilled on the perimeter along the outside of the building through the concrete slab, and chemicals are injected into the holes and sealed with cement.
The powder is applied to termite trails so that the powder particles are passed on to other termites or taken back to the nest.
This method does not however provide long term protection of the structure and should be used together with corrective soil treatment.Rodding Treatment
This method is used to treat the soil directly using an injector to insert the termicide solution to the soil or landscape area.Baiting Treatment
Termite baits are placed in strategic locations so that the termite workers feed on the bait, and then take it back to their colony to share.
This is a fuss-free installation and requires no drilling or pumping of chemicals
- Do not fix wooden trellises to exterior walls.
- Keep wooden debris, scrap lumber, sawdust and firewood in an area far enough away from your home.
- Trim all dense greenery such as shrubs and bushes away from the foundation of your home.
- Repair leaking faucets and water lines, both indoors and outdoors.
- Fix leaky roofing and gutters.
- Grade soil so that water runs away from foundations.
- Ventilate attics to help reduce humidity.
- Cover at least 90% of the soil in crawl spaces with plastic sheeting.
- Wood siding and foam board should be at least six inches away from the ground.
- Seal all cracks and holes in your home's foundation, which can provide handy access point for termites.